Saturday 20 December 2014

Tag | Soundtrack to my Life



"You used to be all good and emo, now you just listen to musicals"
- Peter Walker 

Yes, that was a quote from my loving fiance on my music taste. I used to listen to a lot more bands than I do, but that's because I'm too lazy to search new bands on Spotify and listen to them. I prefer to just stick one of my playlists on. Anyway, enough of me rambling about my current taste in music. I came across the Soundtrack to my Life tag by Zoe and Lily (here) and figured I'd give it a go in the hope it makes me remember some of the amazing bands I used to listen to. I wanted to a video for this post, but I have no makeup on, my hair is a mess and I'd scare all my followers off by singing the songs for every single answer. 

Song you listen to when you're happy?
Anthem Part Two by Blink 182. They're such a happy band, I just want to run around jumping all the time when I hear them. 

Song you listen to when you're sad?
New American Classic by Taking Back Sunday. 

What song will you have at your wedding?
I really want Love is Easy by McFly as my first dance because it's cheesy and Pete took me to see McFly for our first date. I know, cringe. 

What song do you dance around the house to?
At the moment, it's Shake it Off by Taylor Swift. I know, I know, but I can't stop listening to it, it's so catchy.

Song you play on your headphones when out and about?
I think this depends what mood I am, but normally anything by Brand New. Deja Entendu is normally on my headphones when I'm out, so I'm going to say I Will Play My Game Beneath the Spin Light.

Song you listen to when you're angry?
The Devil Inside by The Blackout. It just makes me want to stomp about. "The way you fuck to feel is so degrading" is the best lyric in the whole song. That whole album actually. 

Song you'd have at your funeral?
No One Mourns the Wicked from Wicked "THE WITCH OF THE WEST IS DEAD. GOOD NEWSSSSS!!!" 

Song that makes you lose your shit at a party?
This has got to be 5,6,7,8 by Steps. Wherever I am, I will do the full routine with absolutely NO shame whatsoever.

The last song you listened to?
Blank Space by Taylor Swift. I've had it on repeat all night. I don't know what's got into me lately, she's just so damn catchy.

Your karaoke song?
I am NOT a karaoke person, but I would probably do Copacabana by Barry Manilow just for my mum. 

What song do you work out/exercise to?
I don't work out or exercise, I do play Just Dance if that counts? My go to song for that is Jump by Girls Aloud cos I'm dead good at it.

Song with the most memories attached?
I'm going to say Save Ourselves (The Warning) by The Blackout for this. Pete proposed to me. On stage. During The Blackout' set. In the middle of this song. So yep. We are so cheesy.

Song that makes you cry?
Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World makes me cry like a baby. It's just so sad.

Song you hate the most?
I really, really hate Year 3000 by Busted. I love Busted okay, they're amazing but this song annoys me so, so much. I always have to skip it. Always. I don't know what it is, but I just HATE it.

Your favourite song of all time?
Such a hard question, but I'm going to go with Kiss and Makeup by Funeral for a Friend. I went to see them last year and they played Seven Ways to Scream Your Name in full and it was the best gig I have ever been to. Although seeing them play Hours in full came pretty close. They're my favourite band, so I'm gonna go with that. 

If you've done this tag, link me in the comments below so I can see what songs are in the soundtrack to your life.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig