Monday 3 November 2014

Wedding | I Said Yes to the Dress

Image Source Unknown**
In March 2013, Pete popped the question. Since then we haven't really done any wedding planning, then we found out we were pregnant with George and decided to buy a house, so of course any wedding plans (not that we had any) were put on hold. Now we're all settled in our gorgeous new house and we have our perfect little boy, I'm ready to get stuck in! 

We made the decision to get married in March 2016 and as soon as I told my mum she got really excited and wanted to go wedding dress shopping. We went to a few shops and I had an idea in mind of what I wanted, but nowhere had anything remotely like it. I tried on a few dresses but wasn't blown away by any of them and my experience wasn't very exciting like I expected. One shop didn't even zip the dresses up properly and the girl told me she didn't like a dress I wanted to try on! 

So feeling a bit deflated, we headed onto another shop where they had a few dresses similar to what I wanted, so immediately I was excited. The lady, Lesley, who owned the shop came out to greet us and introduced herself (even heated George's bottle up - he won't drink it cold), she really was lovely. I saw a dress I liked, but my mum didn't, however, I tried it on anyway.

It's really funny, they say "when you know, you know" and it couldn't be closer to the truth. I fell in love with it. I swirled round the shop like a princess, tried on loads of different hair accessories and I knew I needed this dress. I did try on another one but there were too many "buts." Lesley let me try on the first dress again and once again I was swirling round the shop. There were tears from my mum and I (she set me off) and I knew I had to have it. 

Part of me was sad that I'd found it so soon, but I didn't think it was worth going anywhere else because I'd found the one.

So, I said yes to the dress. Now we have to find a venue and book it!


**please let me know if this photo is yours and I'll remove or credit x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig