Thursday 3 April 2014

Nails | Hand and Nail Care


Soap and Glory Hand Food 125ml £5.00
OPI Avoplex 15ml £16.50
OPI Nail Envy 15ml £18.65 
When I was younger, I had a terrible habit of biting the skin on my hands (gross, I know) and my nails. I, thankfully, grew out of the hand biting, and one day just decided to stop biting my nails. I don't understand how people find it hard to break the habit, I just told myself I wasn't going to do it anymore and I didn't. Anyway, enough of my ramblings! 

Having stopping biting my nails, they've always been quite weak and flimsy. A couple of years ago, I developed a nail varnish addiction and now I'm obsessed with nail growth and having long nails to show off my beautiful nail varnish collection with. 

Hand creams are a difficult one because my skin often gets used to certain products so that I no longer feel the benefit of them. One hand cream I particularly love, that proves to be very popular in the blogging world, is the Soap and Glory Hand Food. I love anything that contains shea butter and this product does not fail in keeping my hands nourished, as well as smelling absolutely divine! An absolute must for me with hand creams is a none greasy formula! Who wants greasy hands after applying lotion? The fact this sinks in so quickly just makes me love it even more. 

I'm quite lucky in the sense I have quite deep nail beds, so however short my nails are, they still look long and well groomed. Pushing my cuticles back definitely helps keep them looking nice and healthy as well as helping with growth. I recently purchased OPI's Avoplex, which is a cuticle oil, I try to apply this once a week to keep the skin around my nails soft. I find one dip into the bottle is enough to use on one hand. It has a faint orange scent to it, which means it doesn't have a nasty chemical smell to it. I rub this into my nails and hands, wait for 10 minutes for the cuticle to soften, then push them back with a cuticle stick. 

I had heard so much about Nail Envy by OPI, but I begrudged spending £18 on one bottle. Luckily, I found it on eBay with the Avoplex both for £18 so decided to take the plunge. Boy am I glad I did! I've tried Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails before, but this is in a whole new world. I only have to apply one coat and my nails instantly feel strong, great for someone with weak nails, like myself. 

I also try to file my nails once a week to ensure they stay strong - file them in one quick motion rather than back and forth as this can cause breakages and splits. I suggest if you have weak nails, to invest in Nail Envy, it's expensive but it's worth it, and again it doesn't take much to coat one hand. 

What are your holy grail nail products?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig