Thursday 24 April 2014

Bump and I | Things I've Learnt During Pregnancy

Almost 21 weeks here

Pregnancy, the most amazing thing two people can do is bring life into the world. Pete and I were so excited when we found out we were expecting, although to be honest, I think my mum was more excited than the both of us. Here are just a few things I've learnt during my time:

1. Nobody is nicer to you: 

The amount of people that will push in front of you to get on the train in the morning is ridiculous, nobody cares if you stand up on the train while you're with child, as long as they have a seat. 

A girl I know told me she stood up on the bus while she was almost full term and not one person offered her a seat. Would you let an elderly person or a disabled person stand up? Ask yourself that next time you see a pregnant lady. 

Another friend told me some elderly ladies told her she had "ruined her life" she's 26 and married! Talk about judging a book by it's cover. 

2. Icepops cure everything: 

Morning sickness is the worst thing a woman will experience. I was really lucky and didn't throw up a lot (tmi, I know, sorry!) but I was nauseous ALL the time, I never wanted to eat anything and the smell of food alone was enough to make me want to hurl everywhere. I lived off icepops for the first 12 weeks and they are a god send, they're great to stop the nausea and the icy goodness is so refreshing. 

3. Don't spend a fortune on maternity wear:

If you're like most people, you probably won't have a bump until 20 weeks (I've had mine since about 14 weeks). I have a few maternity pieces, but I've gotten away with wearing some of my normal clothes for this long. You won't have time to wear so many different items - yes it's frustrating having a limited wardrobe (especially as mine is sooo big) but change it up with different accesories :) 

4. It's okay to eat Heinz spaghetti bolognese for breakfast:

After I got over my sick phase, all I wanted was Heinz tinned spaghetti bolognese, yes it's disgusting, but I hadn't been eating properly for weeks and my body really needed wanted it. I'm a savoury person as it is, so eating cereal for breakfast only happens on rare occasions when I feel like it, and now I uave an excuse to eat what I want when I want. Now I'm hungry ALL the time! 

5. Feeling your baby move inside you is the best thing ever:

Coming to terms with the fact something is growing inside you is hard - in fact I still can't believe it after four scans, and several listens to baby's heartbeat! When you feel that baby flutter inside you for the first time, it's the most exciting thing in the world, it feel likes little butterflies. Baby Walker is very active now, and every night about 8pm, she/ he will suddenly start moving loads, and the movements feel so much stronger. Pete can feel some movements now and it's such a special thing to share - okay, okay, I'll stop gushing! 

So those are the things I've learnt during my 5ish months of pregnancy. So remember, if you see a pregnant lady standing up on the bus/ train offer her a seat, it will make her day!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig