Thursday 21 August 2014

Family | Pete Turns 30


On Tuesday, Pete turned the big three-zero! Being 38 weeks pregnant, I obviously couldn't do anything too out there to celebrate with him, but I wanted to do something special for him.  I decided to throw a little surprise party, just for family (he'd been out for a meal and drinks with his friends already). 

The original plan was to have the party in our house until Pete took the day off and ruined it all, luckily, my parents live round the corner and let us use their house for it. 

With a lot of help from my fantastic mum and dad (thanks guys, I know you'll be reading this), we went out, bought all the food, my dad cooked it all, even baked a cake and his amazing brownies, whilst my mum decorated her kitchen (decorations courtesy of my mother-on-law).  

Okay, I lied when I said I threw the party, all I really did was buy some food and get everyone together! Pete's family live in Manchester/ Crewe aways with a few cousins spread out here and there, and we live in Birkenhead (plastic Liverpool for those of you lucky enough to never have heard of the place), so it's not very often all his family get together at the same time. 

On Tuesday morning we woke up, had pancakes for breakfast, Pete opened his presents and we watched Breaking Bad until it was time to get ready.  He thought we were going for a meal and to the cinema, and just stopping at my parents' on the way to get his card and present. Little did he know, his family were all hiding in the kitchen. Everyone shouted surprise and there were party poppers going off. It was such a sweet little tea party even if I do say so myself! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig