Saturday 20 August 2016

The Terrible Twos




The dreaded terrible twos, something you as a parent hear so much about! We always said George's terrible twos started early as we had many a tantrum as he started exerting his independence more and more. We're yet to have a full on meltdown in public, you know the kind, lying on the supermarket floor, kicking and screaming because you won't buy them something they want (that's sure to come soon no doubt). It seems to be tantrums galore in our house recently as the big two approaches.

But what people fail to mention to you is how lovely toddlers are at this age! I mean, really, really lovely. Oh George is the sweetest thing and every day I find myself in awe of what a lovely little person he is growing into. His speech is coming on amazingly at the minute and every day he is coming out with more and more funny little sayings that he picks up from those around him. I will never grow tired of his little voice saying "love you, mummy!" I get kisses and cuddles aplenty and he isn't shy when dishing out those kisses to us, kissing all of his family and even cuddly toys. He can now say please and thank you without being prompted which just makes me beam with pride as I guess any parent would. Each morning he wakes up chattering away to his cuddly toys and there has been plenty of wake up calls where he is singing the "I Love You" song from Barney. What better way to wake up? Nobody can be mad at 6am once they hear that, am I right? We've had a play date with his cousin recently, there are six weeks between them and they just played so lovely together and my heart actually melted when they were chasing each other round! 

So yes, the tantrums are horrible, the attitude stinks sometimes (BOTTLE NOW) but these little loving traits just outweigh the bad by a mile. I'm sure I will change my mind when he gets to two and a half and I have a newborn and a toddler screaming at me for some juice or a bottle or a dummy but for now, I'm appreciating this age as much as I possibly can because before I know it, George is going to be a stroppy teenager that won't tell me he loves me and won't give me lots of kisses! 

What's the cutest thing your toddler has done recently? 

Rachael xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig