Monday 27 October 2014

Halloween | Friendly Movies



With Halloween fast approaching, I thought I'd put together a list of none scary Halloween movies for all you none horror lovers out there.

When I was younger, I was a massive wimp and didn't even like Scream masks (okay, they still freak me out a bit now) but I love horror films now. Unfortunately Pete isn't a fan of scary films, which inspired me to write this post.

Here are my top 10 Friendly Halloween Movies:


1. Hocus Pocus
This has got to be the BEST halloween movie of all time. Witches come back from the dead to steal children away. 

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Arguably a Christmas film, but I don't believe in Christmas being taken away, therefore it's a Halloween film! Who doesn't love Jack Skellington? 

3. Corpse Bride
Another Tim Burton classic. Victor enters the world of the dead when he proposes to a corpse. This causes some complications for his arranged marriage to Victoria. I love the contrast between the living and the dead in this film.

4. Coraline
Still very creepy for a kids film, Coraline enters the Other world because she doesn't like her real parents. When her Other Mother and Other Father seem perfect, Coraline revisits them time and time again, not realising there are consequences if she wants to stay.

5. Paranorman
Norman sees dead people. A misunderstood boy, Norman takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries-old curse. This is definitely a good family watch!

6. Casper
This was the first film I saw in the cinema. Harvey, a paranormal researcher, moves to a haunted house where the friendly ghost who resides there, befriends his daughter, Kat.

7. Monster House
Three teenagers discover their neighbours house is actually a monster. My little brothers used to love this, and called the old man, Mr Ecklefecker. His name is Nevercracker.


8. Beetlejuice
A recently deceased couple call upon the Bio-Exorcist, Beetlejuice to evict the current occupiers of their home. Don't say his name three times!

9. Haunted Mansion
What Eddie Murphy film isn't great? Jim Evers and his family are summoned when they discover it is haunted. They have a ride in Disney World which scared the bejesus out of me! 


10. The Addams Family
What list would be complete without the Addams Family? Con artists plan to fleece the eccentric family using an accomplice who claims to be their long lost Uncle Fester. Yep, I secretly want to be Wednesday Addams.

Which films will you be watching this Halloween?

Rachael xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig