Thursday 20 March 2014

Gig | Fall Out Boy, March 2014

Image Source: http://bit.ly/1l7bDl2

So, when Fall Out Boy announced their comeback last year, I almost wet myself with excitement. Following their announcement, came a small gig announcement (which I was lucky enough to get tickets too), a festival announcement, and of course an arena tour! Now, after having never seen them live before, I've seen them three times and they haven't disappointed once. 

Bursting onto stage with The Phoenix, complete with balaclavas (see video here), the crowd erupts with screams and everyone sings along. Finishing the song, Patrick manages to take his balaclava off and of course put his hat on before they start jamming along to I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Lousy Song Written About Me (they were a big fan of songs with long names back in 2005). 

The energy was just none stop all night, both from crowd and the boys, in fact the energy was so static, the microphones all broke, and poor Patrick tried to sing his little heart out to keep the crowd going until the problem was resolved. With the slight glitch resolved, the crowd was soon back to singing and bouncing around.

After all the hype, the boys took to the little stage in the middle of the arena for an acoustic set, which was the highlight of my night! Hearing Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year acoustically was perfect. 

The encore of Save Rock and Roll, Thanks for the Mmrs and of course, Saturday was the perfect end to a perfect night! I didn't want it to end, but as the saying goes, all good things... You know the rest. 

Are you going to see Fall Out Boy on any of their other dates? 

Jegz xo

Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you had such a good night! I've been super jealous of everyone whos been seeing FOB recently, I'm just gonna have to hope there'll be another tour sometime and see them then. x

    almostemilyjane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll tour again soon, you'll definitely have to go. They're so good live. x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig